The IMPRESS 3 introduces a new generation of harnesses to the thermal, cross country and competition pilot. This logical continuation of the unique seatboardless LIGHTNESS concept provides the highest degree of comfort, and is aerodynamically as good as you can get. With an LTF certified back protector the IMPRESS 3 weighs only 4.7 kg - extremely light - and compact.
Based on the LIGHTNESS concept
With this new design - without a seatboard - your body weight is supported by an ergonomic, crease-free seat surface, meaning that you definitely sit (or lie) more comfortably in the harness. This design does not create those pressure points that become a nuisance on long flights, and this is a clear advantage compared with a conventional harness.
Significant weight reduction
The IMPRESS 3 weighs only 4.7 kg – quite revolutionary for a harness with speedbag and approved protector. This weight reduction results from the sum total of numerous design and material details; lighter materials and innovative design also considerably reduce the packed volume.
The results of a lot of wind tunnel measurements were considered in the development of the IMPRESS 3. We specifically directed our focus on the aerodynamics, namely the airflow over the chest and leg areas. A low drag and geometrically optimised harness with a novel cockpit-spoiler concept is the result.
Innovations and Features
• Innovative reserve compartment closure system
• Safe-T-System for the chest and leg straps
• Chest strap/speedbag safety link
• Quick-out carabiner capable
• Detachable instrument panel on the cockpit
• Camera pockets in the speedbag
• Ballast compartment under the seat shell
• Shoulder Velcro for Solario and SPOT
• Provision for drink system
• Exit in speedbag for urine tube